Sunday 27 April 2008

Cooro of the Rebellion

My first anime post. There will be many more of these, trust me.


I want to watch the first subbed episode of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion season 2, but for two things: 1) I'm supposed to be doing revision for my Psychology resit, and 2) The streaming site I use is having connection problems :(

I was kind of apprehensive about Code Geass. For anybody who knows me, they will know that my anime tastes do not tend to include mecha. But Code Geass had me hooked after the second episode, and I finished the first series in less than a week.

I guess I like Lelouch as an anti-hero protagonist. You don't find that much these days. Anime-Planet, the site me and everyone else in the TSR anime society use to keep track of what anime we've seen, are watching, or are going to watch (you expect us to remember those titles? Well, AJ maybe, but the rest of us?) only has three series listed under 'Anti-Hero': Code Geass, Code Geass R2, and Death Note. And Ichigo from Bleach is supposed to be an anti-hero, though I think that's probably more Hichigo than Ichigo.... So anti-heroes are pretty rare. You don't often find them in books, but you do in films quite a lot of the time. It certainly makes a nice change to have one in an anime.


No comments: