Wednesday 30 April 2008

Why I hate my college

At the beginning of the year, my college changed the timetable layout from what it had been the year before. So we now have these stupid one-hour lessons with massive breaks between them and our other lessons. Then it took them FIVE tries to get my timetable right- they kept missing off lessons and getting the times mixed up, so I ended up with four wrong timetabnles before I finally got a correct one.

Then my politics teacher became ill, but did they tell us? No. They left us without a teacher for nearly two months, and then the substitute doesn't follow the lesson plans and goes of on a tangent about Glasgow (she's Scottish), her son, or her son's mother-in-law.

And the woman who was supposed to be overseeing my UCAS application left it until a month after I had sent the application before adding my reference. A month! And she didn't even start it until I went and yelled at her on the month anniversary of having sent it off, to which she made up some lame excuse about the woman in the exams office (I know for a fact that there is more than one member of staff in the exams office, because me and half the college went to yell at them today for reasons outlined below)

And today, they mucked up my statement of entry for exams, and didn't give me the timetable for politics at all. AND they expect us to do the exams in some community centre on the other side of the city instead of in college itself or, like last year, in the school up the road. So, after queueing for about 30 minutes to get a stupid incorrect piece of paper, I had to go to the exams office on the other side of the college to patiently complain about the politics thing, along with half of the college also complaining about mistakes (a friend of mine found that she'd been given the timetable for the AS politics exam, eventhough she's not resitting them and she gave up politics earlier this year) After all this, I'm going to double check the exam times and dates with my tutors- I don't trust college anymore.

The student bank account thing was great though. The woman I spoke to patiently explained everything to me, that I only needed to upgrade my current under 19's account and not open a new one, and gave me a very informative leaflet. Okay, so I had to wait for about half an hour, and got annoyed at a couple of girls who queue-jumped me (but forgave them after overhearing that one of them thought she was a victim of fraud) but they were so helpful and friendly, unlike the surly staff at college.

So yeah, not a good day so far. I'm now going to spend my evening 'doing Psychology revision' and singing along to the Evita soundtrack

No comments: