Thursday 1 May 2008

Why I still hate my college, and other moans

I got my English teacher to look over the statement of entry I got for my exams yesterday (if you'll remember, college managed to spectacularly muck this up) and we noticed that they'd entered me for the two units from last year. Now, I'm not resitting them, and why would I need to when I got A's on both of those papers (I got five marks off full marks for one of them, why on earth would I resit?) So this is yet antoher thing I need to go and complain about to the exams office (which I'll do tomorrow).

My other moans. Firstly, today was the local elections. But did I get to vote? Did I hell. Apparantly, there isn't a local election here (at least, no one around here got the cards through that we'd need to have to vote) so we didn't get to vote. And seeing as this is the first election since I turned 18 and am now eligible to vote, I'm distinctly annoyed that I didn't get a chance. The local council even sent me a birthday card reminding me that I could vote. And then they don't let me. Liars :(

Also, it rained today. Really, really rained. There was thunder and lightning and everything which, considering I suffer from mild Keraunophobia*, isn't a good thing. Luckily I'd already gotten inside my English classroom when the storm started (although not before getting very wet in the downpour) but there was no one else there, and I don't like to be by myself when there's a storm (I know, I know, I'm a wuss). And when I got home (thankfully after the storm was over) there was a powercut and the wireless internet box died.

Not a good day altogether, although a book I ordered from Amazon arrived today, and I won an item I was bidding on on eBay. But these little rays of sunshine didn't serve to bring happiness to my annoying, scary and very wet day.

*Fear of thunder and lightning. I'm lucky that I only have it mildly, that is, I'm only scared of thunder and lightning if they're happening at that moment. I have no problems watching films with thunder and lightning or, indeed, thinking about them, which people who suffer from Keraunophobia have a problem with. But if a storm is happening at the time then I'm normally hiding under the table pretty quickly.

No comments: