Saturday 24 May 2008

Euroblog part 2!

FINLAND- Jery says they have another rock one, after the success of Lordi. And they do! Hmm.... First couple of seconds, it's not as catchy as Lordi. Bit the lead singer has cool Viking hair. Typically. And no wings. that makes a change for Finland! Ha ha! and he's left handed. They're pretty much as tribal as Lordi's music, but they don't have the awesome costumes, and sadly this song just isn't 'Hard Rock Hallelujah'. It is good though, I wouldn't mind if it won. Well, I would, but as we have NO chance of winning then I'm happy to root for this. So far. It's still early! I saw flames! Anything with pyrotechnics gets my vote!

CROATIA- The song is called Romanca, but I'm not even going to try and spell the names of the singers. I have a kind of Chicago gangland feel from this, to be honest. And the lead singer, just to complete the feel, looks like Al Capone. Not sure what the woman in red is doing, just (very athletically) flitting around the stage and playing bottles, it seems. Al Capone is dressed in black, and the other one is dressed in a white suit. I think it is supposed to be gangland. It's cool as it's on purpose.

POLAND- Isis Gee- 'For Life'- She's wearing blue. But her musicians are wearing white, apparantly wedding, dressed. So is the paino player (although it's a suit, not a dress, as he's a guy. That would have been amusing) I have nothing against her voice, it's just... I don't like this song. It's another Disneyfied Alladin song or something. I'll give her that she's wearing blue, though. I'm fed up of what I shall now dub Eurowhite, that is, Eurovision entrants who wear the overused and subsequently tacky colour white.

ICELAND- Wogan says they haven't been in this for a while, so I'm curious about what they have to offer. Euroband 'This is my life' (good for them). Oh, it's a dance track. Mum's first words were 'sung by a pretty boy'. That's not very diplomatic, but meh. For a dance track, this is okay, but not massively impressive. I HATE the woman's shoes, though. True, they're wearing black, not Eurowhite, but her shoes are bright PINK. Gah! What is it about Europeans liking powerful singers? It's a pretty standard dance track, to be honest, but nothig particularly memorable. Denmark'll love it.

TURKEY- Not even going to try to write the singer, it's got too many umlauts. Snazzy guitar, I have to say. Not the most terrible voices I've heard, and I like the guitar music. Actually... I quite like this song. I have something similar on my MP3 player (Japanese though, not Turkish, as I'm assuming this is) Oh, that reminds me of another thing I hate about this contest, apart from political voting and Eurowhite- foreign entrants singing in English. It's like they don't even have their own language. So even when a song is rubbish, I'll commend them for using their own language.

Another quick break. I'm going on to Euroblog part 3. See you in a second.

No comments: