Thursday 8 May 2008

*melts*

Damn heat. I hate it. I really do.

I was walking around the city in my lunch break, staring at all the people in shorts and strappy tops, and thinking, how the hell can you stand it? The sun! The heat! It's like being trapped in an oven without a door.

Even the computer room I'm currently in is humid and horrible. This is partially due to the fact that the windows don't seem to open, and the two chavs at the other end of the bank of computers have purloined the fan, so it can't benefit the rest of us (i.e. me)

I wore a t-shirt today, but had to buy myself a cooler top to change into as it was so unbelievably hot. I also had to buy some suncream, which cost me £5.97 on my card. £5.97! For suncream! That was the cheapest one that they had as well. I can't afford summer!

Mind you, it's factor 50, so it should offer me some pretty good protection. And they were buy-one-get-one-free, so I have two of them. But still. My bank account is crying at my having to spend that much on protecting myself. I could buy a bottle of wine for less than a bottle of suncream (although I won't, being teetotal) Gah. Stupid sun. Mr Burns had the right idea. You know, before he got shot, and all.

Still thinking about male cat names, although it's not definite that we're actually getting a cat. Here are my current favourites:
Koga
Bootle (which is actually a village, but it's kind of cute)
Seeker
Blaze
Gizmo
TC (The Cat- Mum's idea is growing on me)
Brannigan (after the male cat dude from series 3 of Doctor Who)
Zimbardo (who is a psychologist, but it's sort of in keeping with the academic names of the fish)

So far that's pretty much it. I'm open for suggestions, though (if anyone other than vin actually reads this)

No comments: