Wednesday 28 May 2008

Storm Fever

Barely got a wink of sleep last night. I was woken up at about half past four by this almighty crash of thunder, and from then on the storm raged (literally) for about 40 minutes. For the first twenty or so minutes it was pretty much right on top of us, and I remember looking outside and seeing this huge flash of lightning, though I'm not sure if it was forked or not as it pretty much blinded me.

Anyway, as I've mentioned inm a previous blog, I suffer from Keraunophobia, that is, a fear of thunder and lightning. So after a couple of minutes of blinding flashes and deafening crashes, I gave up the ghost and took my duvet into my parent's room, where they let me huddle in a corner wrapped in my duvet like a cocoon until the storm had passed.

Great people, my parents.

Anyway, it finally ended, and I went, trembling slightly, back to my own room. Whereupon the stupid birds started their stupid dawn chorus. So it took me ages to fall back to sleep thanks to the twittering of the birds and the distant rumbles of thunder I could still hear.

Anyway, I've been awake for all of five minutes now, and I need to get on with some revision. After last night, I'm kind of glad I'm not doing any stubject to do with the weather.

No comments: