Saturday 24 May 2008

Euroblog part 1!

Well, it's that time of year again- Eurovision! Preceeding the programme, I have no real thoughts on it. Only that Ireland obviously didn't want to have to host it next year (too expensive) after submitting that ridiculous bird thing.

Where is it this year? Hmm... I'll wait for Terry Wogan to tell me. Belgrave, according to my mother. In Serbia. Oh yeah, that butch woman won last year, didn't she? She kind of reminds me of Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club (only kind of fat). She's got a fairly good voice but seems to have gotten even butcher over the past year. Who is the woman in white next to her?! It's like someone whip-creamed a '99 ice-cream cone.

All of her dancers are women. What does that tell you?

I'm thinking of revising my Haruhi comment. She seems more like a plump Harry Potter. You know, sans scar. I kind of like the dancer's black and white dresses though. I really, really feel like I shouldn't, but still. They're snazzy. The woman doesn't do slow singing very successfully, though. The dancers are doing some really strange costume changes, don't know what they think they were wearing at the end!

Oh, it's done. I might have to type rather quicky to keep up with each entry, as I don't know who they are or what order they're in. Terry Wogan is funny as usual, this year. Oh, bit of trivia- did you know that Austria dropped out of Eurovision for good as they were frustrated as it being a 'political parade ground'? That's pretty apt. You can pretty much predict the bloc and Baltic voting.

Well, here we go. ROMANIA- Nico and Vlad 'to the edge of the world'. Ooh, kind of reminds me of that song from Alladin. He's got a good voice, I wish I knew what he was saying. Black jacket and jeans, after the last two year's parade of varying shades of white it makes a nice change. Oh no. The woman's arrived. Wearing white. And screeching. I hate it. Next one, next one! (by the way, my mother descirbed the woman as a 'pub singer' and my sister says she looks like 'Friona Buce'. Yeah. I think she means 'Fiona Bruce')

UK next!- Andy Abraham 'Even if'. Not my kind of music but after our last few dysmal entrys, this is definitely the best. I think he was one of those guys who didn't win X factor. He's pretty good, but with the way the voting is all political I think we can only really rely on Ireland and Malta for votes. Mind you, I have a feeling that Spain gave us a pretty high score last year (not the full douze points, though, obviously). It's a pity everyone hates us. It's also a pity that we don't take this competition very seriously, like our European neighbours. Maybe if we did then we'd do better.

ALBANIA- Olta boka (I didn't catch the song title). Ohh, nice bit of guitar. I like her voice too. And she's not wearing white! Maybe black's in this year or something? Although the musicians have white tops on. Ah well. Can't have everything. Not sure what the cape thing around her hips is, though. Ooh, she has nice hair. I hate her for that. This song kind of reminds me of something, I have to say. Not entirely sure what, though...

GERMANY- I like the dances in between each song, by the way. Dancing in the country's flag. Anyway, Germany. I liked their entry last year, kind of cowgirl one. I think that was last year, anyway. These girls seem to be draped in blue and purple curtains. They're a little out of tune, too (not to Jemini's standard though, obviously! ha ha) It's a fairly good song, nothing memorable though. Missed the band name though, sorry. This is nothing special, I have nothing to say about it.

ARMENIA- Sirusho. Armenia always submits women with powerful voices, and this year is no exception. Although wearing a dress made entirely of those tassles you get on cowboy's sleeves might have been a mistake. I think the song is called 'Quele, Quele', however that's spelt (sorry if I've written something offensive in Armenian, it's why I don't write the song titles if I don't know them) Oh, she killed her dancers. Oh no, they're alive again. Pity. Although I wouldn't call them 'dancers'. I'm not sure that what they're doing can actually be classed as dancing. Maybe some sort of abstract art thing, or something. Hmm..

BOSNIA AND HERZ.- Laka. Oh. My God. What. The Hell. BRIDES OF FRANKENSTINE!!!! ARGH. Just, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Those women! That singer! What were they thinking?!?!?!?! I'm kind of fixated by the girl who stuck her fingers in the socket before coming onstage and donned an outfit with fruit on it. How did they think it was a song? It's almost insane enough to be brilliant. It'll probably win. It's Eurovision, after all. I like the clothesline prop, too. That's inspired.

Ohh, quick break. So far, I'm loving Eurovision this year! It's insane, it's wonderful and I have no idea what the annoucers are saying! they have very thick accents. Or they're speaking French. It's kind of hard to tell.

ISRAEL- I've never known why they're in this, but Wogan says it's good. Boaz. It sounds like a typical Israeli singer. Oh. I would have put money on that being a woman. Oops. He's wearing silver. Mum says this song is written by Dana International, who is apparantly a transexual who won for Israel a few years ago. I kind of remember that, but it was my pre-blogging days so I have nothing about it. It's a pretty good song but, as with Germany, it's nothing particularly memorable.

No comments: