Saturday 24 May 2008

Euroblog part 6!

43 countries voting. Yay. This is going to be fun. I want Turkey to win.

UK- 12 points to Greece
FYR Macedonia- 12 to Albania (obviously)
Ukraine- 12 to Russia (I said that at the same time as her! It was that obvious!)
Germany- (why is their rep wearing wings?) 12 to Greece
Estonia- 12 to Russia (surprise surprise!)
Bosnia and Herz.- 12 to Serbia

Please, someone vote for us! We have no points yet, we don't want another Jemini! I'm putting my trust in Ireland and Malta.

Albania- 12 to Greece (they're doing pretty well!)
Belguim- 12 to Armenia (interesting...)
San Marino (where?)- Yay! Somewhere I never heard of gave us 6!!!! 12 to Greece.
Latvia- 12 to Russia (I already typed that before she said it)
Bulgaria- 12 to Germany (what?! That's a little odd. And Germany have overtaken us now. But at least we have points)
Serbia- 12 to Bosnia and Herz. (quite obviously, but eurgh. Are they all deaf?)
Israel- 12 to Russia
Cyprus- 12 to Greece (obviously)
Moldova (their rep looks drunk)- 12 to Romania
Iceland- 12 to Denmark (duh)

I think we should follow in Austria's footsteps and pull out of this. This political voting is ridiculous.

France- 12 to Armenia
Romania- 12 to Greece (that's a little surprising, but they're not that far from Greece)
Portugal- 12 to Ukraine (huh? They only gave Spain 10, that's odd)
Norway- 12 to Denmark

I'm sad Turkey has dropped down. The poppy ones are doing well. Russia might win.

Hungary- 12 to Azerbaijan (hmm!)
Andorra- 12 to Spain (I think that's kind of obvious)
Poland- 12 to Armenia (they gave 6 to Russia, that's odd.)
Slovenia (back to Balkan bloc voting)- 12 to Serbia (obviously)

Seriously, you just need a map and you can figure out the voting patterns. It's depressing.

Armenia- 12 to Russia
Czech Republic- 12 to Armenia
Spain- 12 to Romania (eh? They voted oddly this year)
The Netherlands- 12 to Armenia

I feel let down by the Dutch. They didn't give us anything. Jery's going to get an earful next time I talk to him.

Turkey (I wish they were doing better)- 12 to Azerbaijan
Malta- Arrrrrrrgh. 12 to Sweden! They're in the flipping Commonwealth!
Ireland- (oh thank god, they gave us 8. I won't have to kill cara after all) 12 to Latvia.
Switzerland- 12 to Serbia
Azerbaijan- 12 to Turkey (good people!)
Greece- 12 to Armenia
Finland- 12 to (something Scandinavian, I'm guessing) Norway (see!)
Croatia- (Serbia will get something- 10) 12 to Bosnia and Herz. (of course)
Sweden- 12 to Norway (duh)
Belarus- 12 to Russia (both me and Terry Wogan said that at the same time as her)
Lithuania- 12 to Russia (again, Eastern bloc voting)
Russia- 12 to Armenia
Montenegro- (it's Balkan) 12 to Serbia (there should be a rule against voting for neighbours, but then Ireland wouldn't give us anything)
Georgia- 12 to Armenia

Lastly, Denmark- 12 to Iceland

Russia wins with 272 points (in comparison, we lost with 14, tied with Germany and Poland. The unpopular countries politically, apparantly)

Russia's wasn't awful (I don't think I liked it much) but because of a rise in oil prices all the Baltic and Balkan states will try to keep in their favour as they are economically reliant on Russia.

So this is the end of this political farce, for another year. I really do think we should follow in Austria's footsteps, but then we wouldn't get the joy of laughing at all the ridiculous entries and the despair of seeing how well they do.

No comments: