Tuesday 20 May 2008

Quick update

Some fairly exciting news: So you know I wrote a couple of days ago (or was it yesterday? I've forgotten) that I submitted a piece for the Waterstone's 'what's your story?' competition? As I said, it was put in the gallery on their competition website, which for someone who wants to be a writer is a pretty big deal (even if it is only 4 lines long) Well, today I discovered that they're also going to be making a postcard book of 3 of the entries, as well as the ones written by 13 (I think, or possibly 11) different authors.

Which means, if mine is deemed good enough to be included in this book (here's hoping), then it would be my first 'real' (not online) publication.

The book is avaliable later this year, apparantly, and the proceeds go towards a couple of charities I've forgotten the names of. If mine gets put in there then I shall buy it. If not, I won't. On principle. Wish me luck on getting my story in it!

Keep your eyes open for it though! I'll keep you updated with any news on it.

No comments: